Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Doing Great

It has been a long time since I have posted anything for a very good reason- Owen is doing great. His food allergies seem to be under great control. We have a soy food challenge scheduled in Januray, which I am excited about. He struggles with environmental allergies, but does well on Claritin and Nasonex.

Another reason I have been "away" for a while is that reading about food allergies made me VERY upset. I was very pregnant, and my pregnancy hormones were in high gear. One night I got so upset thinking about food allergies, that I got myself scared silly about Owen going to the Zoo. I clearly need a break from thinking about allergies.

I had a little baby girl, Caroline Grace, on September 29th. She is just beautiful. She looks a lot like Owen. We are just praying that she doesn't have the food allergy genes.

One thing I notice is that any time we go bowling, to a restaurant, etc (which is extremely rare because of Owen's allergies) Owen gets red splotches around his mouth. They are not raised hives. Sometimes he itches, sometimes he doesn't. Some times we give him benadryl, other times we don't. It is no big deal, but it is something we observe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Hope you and Caroline are doing well. Glad to hear Owen has been doing ok too.

I noticed you mentioned red marks around Owen's mouth. My son used to get that frequently. We never figured out what it was from but it was like flat hives, his lips would look a little puffy and he would be itchy too. He seems to have grown out of whatever it was. I always figured it was some allergic sensitivity to something. Maybe it will be similar for Owen...

Well, congratulations again. Hope you are getting some sleep! :)