Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I Get So Emotional

Nothing strikes my nerves like food allergies. I easily get moved to tears when...
- I arrive at church, and the children's program tells me about an activity that Owen can't do because of his allergies
- When I receive bad RAST scores
- Listening to Owen talk about his food allergies, and explain that certain foods make him sick
- Watching Owen look at food that he knows he can't touch
- When I give Owen a birthday cupcake and he doesn't want it
- When I can't find the ingredients I need for a recipe
- When I finally find the ingredients I need for a recipe
- When I get to the cash register and I realize how much those special ingredients cost (not really :)

I am so grateful that Owen has never needed an epi pen. I am so grateful for Owen's flexible personality, and how he constantly rolls with the punches. I am so grateful for my faith in a sovereign God who has all things in his control. He knows the tears I have cried, and he promises to work all things for good (Rom 8:28)

No comments: