Sunday, January 16, 2011

Asthma after a Nap

We were at Doug's parent's house in California. It was our 4th day there. Owen woke up from a nap, and asked for a drink. I was cooking a lasagna, so I washed my hands, and gave him some soy milk. Soon after I gave him the drink, he started coughing. The dry cough continued. I wanted to listen to his lungs, so I asked him to blow out my finger, and he couldn't. Since I haven't needed the inhaler in months, I didn't bring it on vacation (big mistake!) I called the doctor, and they called the prescription into the pharmacy. When we arrived at the pharmacy to pick up the prescription, Owen said "Mom, I'm breathing better", and he was. I gave him one dose of the inhaler. He hasn't had any breathing issues since that time.

I don't know what triggered the asthma. I am grateful to God that it hasn't happened again.

No comments: