Saturday, June 11, 2011

Egg Trial - Day 3

In January, Owen's doctor told us that we start a baked egg trial. I made 2 dozen cookies using 1 egg. Therefore, 2 cookies equals 1 serving. Thursday evening I gave him a cookie just before bed time (which is a bad idea for many reasons.) He started complaining of nasal congestion, which isn't abnormal for bed time. Since it was at bedtime, I decided to give him Benadryl, just in case. Since we had a babysitter on Friday, I didn't give him any of the cookies. This morning I gave him one cookie. He was itching his head a bit, but it is normal for him in hot and humid weather. T wo hours later, I gave him another cookie without any incident. Woo hoo!

The cookies are from a recipe from The Allergen Free Baker's Handbook by Cybele Pascal. This cookbook is my favorite, because it avoids all the top allergens. A girl friend had a cookie, and she was very surprised when I told her it was Owen friendly. She couldn't believe how good it was.

No comments: