Sunday, January 18, 2009

Soy Challenge & Contact Allergies

I can't wait till the soy challenge. I can't stop thinking about it, and dreaming about all the opportunities that soy could bring to our lives! I don't want to be hopeful, but like I said in an earlier post, I just can't help it! In church today, I was reminded how Owen's life is in God's hands. I need to trust God's sovereignty with Owen. No matter what, Owen will be fine, and he will have and get everything he needs, because he is in God's hands. But I still just can't wait to find out Tuesday's results!

We went over a friends for dinner this evening. We provided Owen's food, of course. Owen eyes and parts of his face became more red throughout the evening. By the time we got home, it was worse. Normally, I would have given him benadryl, but if I gave him benadryl, we would not be able to have the Soy challenge on Tuesday (you can't give benadryl within 5 days of the challenge). I was uncomfortable putting Owen to sleep since the redness was only getting worse. But I listened on the monitor for a while, and he seemed to go down ok. Owen has been doing so well with his food allergies. I was wondering if he really has contact allergies, or maybe his food allergies were getting better. But today was a reminder that he still has contact allergy problems. Oh well.

No comments: