Saturday, January 16, 2010

Breaking My Heart

The great news is that we went to our third birthday in a row, and Owen did not break out in hives!!! There was lots of people and lots of food, but Owen had clean skin the whole time.

As Doug put Owen down to sleep, he said "I don't feel good." Doug asked why, and Owen's response was "I have alleriges, and I can't have cake." :( I did bring a cupcake, but it was not very good, and he certainly sees that it is different from the other kids. I am proud that he doesn't complain at all during the party.

Ugh. Hopefully we will get some good RAST results, and get some hope.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I just wandered into your blog.

So sad to have a child with health issues. My 6 year old son is one year into his diagnosis of being Type 1 Diabetic. My heart aches when I have to go grocery shopping. Children shouldn't have to be denied something as simple as a cookie or a piece or cake.

Joanna said...

Tammy- Sometimes I feel silly being upset about cake, especially with all the horrific things that are going on in the world (like Haiti).

But I can't help but let my heart hurt for a moment, and acknowledge that Owen's restrictions stink.

It is nice to know that we are not alone. :)