Friday, April 25, 2008

Hives during dinner

Owen had a food reaction while eating dinner. He ate beef, broccoli, avocado, strawberries, and blueberries. I am suspicious if it was the fruit. Owen got hives all around his face and itching. I gave him benadryl, and the hives cleared in 20 minutes.

I am going to give Owen the fruit again tomorrow to see if it was the fruit. But there is a big chance that it may have been cross contamination. I thought I was being careful, but I was eating food he was allergic too, and then interacting with him. Also, there were a bunch of people at the house who may have inadvertently exposed Owen to one of his allergens.

I do have to report good news. Owen's played outside all morning, and his seasonal allergies didn't bother him. Apparently the allergy count was off the charts today-4000. Yet Owen did great. Yea!!!

No comments: