Thursday, September 12, 2013

Chest Pain Just Before Bed

Someone brought to our house very yummy homemade smore brownies.  My friend said that none of the ingredients stated that it was made in a factory with any kind of nuts.  There was milk, but Owen is tolerating a tablespoon of ice cream a night.  Owen ate the brownie at 8 pm.  At 8:30, not knowing he already ate the brownie, Doug gave him a "healthy" tablespoon of Friendly's Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.  He also got his nightly does of 1 teaspoon of Hydroxyzine.  At 8:45 he was upset stating he had a squeezing pain in his chest.  I asked when the pain started, and he said while he was in the basement (which is where he ate the brownie).  I gave him 1 teaspoon of benadryl, and he fell asleep at 9:15.  He was not in distress, but he continued to have pain.  There were not other symptoms.  I checked in with the on-call physician at Hopkins- I can't say how much I LOVE them- and she told me to keep an eye on him for the next hour, but it is most likely that he will not wake up and will be fine. 

I am so grateful for Hopkins that gives me great peace of mind.

No comments: